Try this cool and breezy margarita to refresh in the summer heat
Yvette Marquez-Sharpnack is the blogger, YouTuber, and recipe developer behind muybuenocookbook.com. She is the co-author of Muy Bueno: Three Generations of Authentic Mexican Flavor and Latin Twist: Traditional & Modern Cocktails.
For more recipes, go to MuyBuenoCookbook.com
This exotic tropical papaya margarita is cool, refreshing, and loaded with citrus juices. The jalapeño slices give a slight zing. The rim is sweet with honey and tangy and spicy with a salty, chile powder-rim.
Makes 3 to 4 margaritas
- 1 small Brazilian papaya, halved and seeded
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 2 large limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus additional for glass rims
- ½ cup tequila añejo (recommend El Mayor Añejo tequila)
- Jalapeño slices, optional
- Star fruit, optional
- Rub honey around the rim of glasses. Pour some Tajin out onto a plate, and rub the rim of the glasses in the powder to coat.
- Scrape papaya flesh into a blender and add fresh orange and lime juice. Add honey and tequila and purée until smooth.
- In a shaker add crushed ice, papaya puree, and shake to mix.
- Strain drink into rimmed glasses filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with jalapeño slices and star fruit (if using).