In Honor of Small Business Saturday November 28: Rare finds within 5 miles of the Ranch
Do you really want to be part of the stampeding masses this holiday season? Think beyond the herds at the big-box joints and join the Small Business Saturday movement on Nov. 26. In case you need some home-grown inspiration, we’ve found some for you at Unlisted, an artisan and boutique market located at 8262 S University Blvd in Centennial.
- 2Bloom Design glitter-in-a-bottle necklaces, available in assorted colors, styles and lengths. It’s the perfect gift to say to the ladies in your life, “Let your inner sparkle shine on!” Handmade in Centennial. Also check out 2Bloom’s “upcycled” furniture, lawn dice games, and hand-crafted holiday wreaths.
- H2Design Soy Candles. These hand-poured candles in antiqued goblets, jars and tins are lovely to display in their own right. Once you’ve burned all the highly scented wax, return the vessels to H2Design for refills. Some of our favorites: Gingered Bergamot, Chestnuts & Clove and Violet Lime. Handmade in Castle Rock.
- Teddy & George bath and skin products. Give the gift of luxurious me-time with these small-batch, all-natural products for your body and hair. Try Rose Whipped Body Butter, Honey Olive Whipped Sugar Scrub, Orange Spice Bath Salts, or dry shampoo powders for light or dark tones (no more suffocating spray from the national brands). Handmade in Littleton.
- Saw N Logs table-top Christmas trees. Handcrafted from Colorado-found pine and aspen branches and sticks, these decorative trees add a rustic vibe to your Rocky Mountain Christmas. Top it off with the branch and pinecone garland. Handmade in Centennial. While you’re picking up your trees, don’t miss the lazy susans, clocks, candle holders, walking sticks and other home decor items all made with beetle-kill pine and aspen owners Sam and Pam Ashley find on their mountain property.
- Tesla Lamps. These conversation-starter lamps feature iron piping and faucet dimmers for a cool industrial-hip vibe. A great gift for the design-minded person on your list who already seems to have everything. Handmade in Woodland Park. $100-215
- H&W Creations recycled wine-bottle lights. Line these guys up on your on mantle or pair them on a shelf for soothing ambient light. These come in a variety of styles and sayings, from seasonal to Colorado-themed. H&W will also create custom orders. Handmade in Littleton. From $35.
- Simple Style wrap bracelets, spa pillows and clutches. In addition to the great stocking-stuffer ideas here, check out Simple Style’s hand-sewn slip covers, throw pillows, poufs and aprons. Handmade in Colorado Springs. From $14.